Kingsbridge West Alvington and Churchstow joint Neighbourhood Plan
YOUR WEST ALVINGTON PARISH COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES: Cllr John Walster
OFFICIAL NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN PAGE HERE
West Alvington, Kingsbridge and Churchstow Councils are currently working together through a joint steering group to produce a joint Neighbourhood Plan
This is a formal document that sets out planning policies which will last until 2034 and be used as a blueprint for planners and councils to decide local planning applications and/or to encourage certain sorts of local development. The object is to ensure the community gets the type of development structure that it wants. Until now SHDC has produced its own local plan for the whole South Hams. Once our neighbourhood plan is in place this will be used to supplement the SHDC plan. We cannot however override the Joint Local Plan.
What goes in our plan will depend on YOU! As far as is reasonably possible it will cover your wishes and views on:
Employment, housing and homes, community and leisure facilities, commerce and the economy, transport, traffic and parking, education training and social support, natural environment, built environment, health, exercise and well being .....
At certain stages the plan will be subject to consultation, however if you have comments at any time you can contact the West Alvington representative, Cllr John Walster via the Parish Clerk at email@example.com.
Report from Cllr Walster dated 24th July 2020
Neighbourhood Development Plan Update:
A Zoom meeting was held by the main NPL committee on Thursday 23rd July and the following points were agreed.
- Neighbourhood Plan to reflect the recent changes in government strategy resulting from the pandemic and to support our local hospital to remain open to benefit everyone.
- Re-emphasis to be put on provision of affordable housing and to look at the Salcombe initiative.
- Put emphasis on improving road access to the South Hams and support the Salcombe proposals.
- Prepare a general infrastructure shopping list to reflect desires of the 3 communities.
- Finalise the documents on Heritage sites, Protected Green areas and green corridors, Important views from each of the 3 areas to be protected
Details of the uses of the village hall-these documents to be made ready for inclusion in the next general release of the Plan.
- Proposed date for the next publication of the plan set for the end of October 2020
- The next NPL budget application has been submitted.
The next meeting of the main committee was proposed for mid September 2020 when it is hoped to be able to meet in the committee room.